5 reasons why we should all get involved this Stress Awareness Month
The theme of Stress Awareness Month 2022 is centred around community. Participants of this important event have come together this year with the shared goal of creating a support system for those suffering from stress.
During the Pandemic, many people were left to suffer in silence due to strict restrictions which were detrimental to people’s mental health. However, this year we have come together to embrace each other’s company and share stress-reducing tips and tricks.
Reasons to get involved
1. Establish a sense of belonging - experts report that people who have strong connections and maintain healthy relationships are more likely to live happier and longer lives. This is because higher levels of social interactions have positive links to reducing mental health problems.
2. Let’s talk - sharing your experiences with like-minded people will positively impact your mood and overall wellbeing and help you realise that you are not alone.
3. Get moving - the Stress Management Society suggest that by finding a hobby or volunteering for a cause you are passionate about, you can ensure the feeling of inner peace. This also allows you to detach from your worries and focus on what truly makes you happy.
4. Set boundaries and priorities - studies show that within the Western world, we are more likely to suffer from stress-related illnesses as modern-day society has lost contact with the importance of strong communities. Through the realisation of what is most important in your life, you can benefit from being less focused on materialistic and financial matters, and put more attention on embracing the beauty of life and living in the moment.
5. Share the support - life is a long journey and a rollercoaster ride at times. Along this journey, we learn many tips and gain advice to become healthier and happier. Why not share your story to help others?
What effect does sleep have on your mental health
Those who experience high levels of stress are more likely to experience disruptive sleep patterns and sleep disorders. This happens as a result of stress causing the autonomic nervous system (ANS) to release hormones, such as adrenaline and cortisol. These hormones increase heart rate levels to circulate blood around the body more efficiently, preparing the body to take immediate action if necessary.
Beds to help you sleep
How can Aspire help? Our wide variety of supportive mattresses and storage beds offer solutions to stress.
Many of our loyal customers support the wonder that a single storage bed can do for your wellbeing. Having the opportunity to store away any unwanted junk will allow you to live a more carefree life as fewer brain stimuli are generated and anxieties are reduced - out of sight out of mind.
Finding the perfect bed that supports your individual needs will encourage effortless sleep. First, recognise the best comfortable mattress that would work for you, whether it is a memory foam mattress, orthopaedic mattress or a pocket mattress, discover a wide range of mattress options or head over to our shopping guide for further help.